Currently hiring for:
To apply, please send your resume directly to Belinda Countryman at firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide beverage products and service to the guests of Bella Vista at Casa Larga in a professional and courteous manner.
Key Skills / Knowledge:
· Verbal communication skills
· Public Speaking
· Customer Service
· Greet and Serve Guests promptly and professionally
· Complete set up and breakdown of bars
· Knowledge of Family, Facility, History and Products
· Promote Wine Sales through product knowledge and Training
· Maintain and Record Inventory
· Conduct Tours and Tastings with confidence
· Relate information pertaining to menus and food service as communicated by the manager
· Assist Caterers as needed- water and coffee tables, clear glassware
· Maintain Cleanliness of bar and surrounding area
· Maintain Cleanliness of deck and Piazza areas
· Perform other related duties as assigned by MOD
· Maintain professional appearance and adhere to dress code – Black shoes, Black pants, White long sleeve button down shirt (sleeves must be down for the duration of the event), Black long tie (Casa Larga will provide the first one for you) Black Vest. Uniform should be cleaned and pressed at all times.
· Adhere to Fair program standards
· Satisfactory surveys report 99% positive feedback
· Hours are primarily nights and weekends
· Bartending experience preferred
· Scheduling will be done with team members to effectively meet the department’s needs
To apply, please send resume to Nancy Ragus
We are seeking an energetic, outgoing Sales Associates with outstanding communications skills to join our team in representing Casa Larga at both our retail Fairport location and our satellite locations – Rochester Public Market and The Windmill in Penn Yan. The Associate will deliver to customers a memorably positive experience, generating excellent wine sales, return visits, repeat purchases, superior reviews, and recommendations to others.
Located 15 minutes Southeast of Rochester, NY; Casa Larga Vineyards grows ten varieties of wine grapes on 39 acres and has produced and marketed fine wines since 1978. We host over 30,000 guests annually at our beautiful vineyards, Bella Vista events center, and Wine Shop. We also participate in dozens of public events throughout New York State. (www.CasaLarga.com)
The Associate will:
· host guests at our winery in Fairport.
· promote and sell our wines, our clubs and other programs
· be trained to utilize a P.O.S. system on an iPad
· foster teamwork and add to the morale of his/her workmates.
· be comfortable receiving guidance from his/her supervisor on areas of personal improvement
· provide thoughtful feedback to his/her supervisor on opportunities for improvement
· opportunity to perform liquor store tastings at various wholesale accounts throughout the Rochester area
· be able to load & transport wine and supplies to/from markets
· be a team player interested in learning more about wine and sales
This is a part-time/seasonal position, with most hours needed in Spring, Summer and Fall, (<20 hours), with the possibility of additional hours.
· Starting wages: $12.50/hour
· Benefits include a nationally-honored Winery Discount Card
· Employee discount on Casa Larga Vineyard purchases as per our employee handbook
Job requirements include:
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· At least one year experience in the last five years serving the public in the retail, hospitality or wine industries
· Enjoys wine
· Able to multitask and function at a fast pace in a team environment with good humor.
· Detail-oriented, thorough, reliable, courteous
· Able to work weekends, including occasional evening special events
· Valid NYS driver's license and Insurance
· Able to lift and carry cases of wine weighing up to 40 lbs
· Able to work on his/her feet for an 8-hour event.
· May be asked to work at the main facility for special events
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.50 per hour
2021 Harvest Worker Job
To apply, please send resume to Michael Tickner
Under the general direction of the Winemaker and Vineyard Manager, harvest worker will be assigned various tasks in the cellar as well as in the vineyard in order to assure a smooth and timely harvest. The position requires an ability to follow directions safely, accurately, and timely. General working roughly 8 to 10 hours (longer days may be required) a day, 6 days a week through the end of harvest. The harvest season will run between the months of September to November.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and sterilizing of all winery and crush equipment
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine
- Moving hoses and equipment
- Operating crush equipment
- Helping with end of day crush equipment cleaning
- Assisting in harvesting of fruit
- Following and observing all safe cellar and vineyard practices
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions exactly
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
Prior winery and vineyard experience and/or education is preferred but not required. Must have ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math skills. Must be able to work around farm equipment, crush equipment, electrical outlets, chemicals , and hoses safely. Must be able to work varying shifts including weekends and overtime as needed particularly during peak harvest season. Punctuality is a must. Must be reliable, detail-oriented, good work ethic, and show a willingness to learn.
Must be able to able to climb ladders safely. Required to stand for extended periods of time, routinely required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and move up to 50lbs of weight. May be required to work in wet and/or confined spaces